Amtrak Wants $75 Billion To Create More Money-Losing Routes
Bill Flett
2021-05-31 15:17:50 UTC
https://reason.com/2021/05/28/amtrak-wants-75-billion-to-create-more-money-losing-routes/
But *this time* it'll work....really....we mean it!!!
=====
With "Amtrak Joe" at the helm, America's premier passenger rail service is going
for broke with the release of its 15-year "Corridor Vision." The company's plan,
which was published yesterday, calls for service improvements along 25 existing
routes, the creation of another 39, and the expansion of service to 160 new
cities across the country.
To bring this vision into reality, the for-profit Amtrak is asking for $75
billion in new federal funding and the power to enforce the prioritization of
its own passenger trains' movement on tracks owned by private freight rail
companies.
The U.S. needs to abandon the idea of passenger rail service on all but a very
Los Angeles — San Diego
Seattle — Portland
Washington DC — Baltimore — Philadelphia — NYC
NYC — Boston
That's about it. Those routes make sense. Nothing else does.
I once took the train from L.A. up to San Luis Obispo — beautiful route, a lot
of it along the coast. It's about 190 miles. It took about six hours. It's
about 3 hours by car. I enjoyed the trip, but wouldn't do it again.
Prof. Canoza thinks he knows all about trains because he once took a 190
ride?!
What is a "190 ride"? <chuckle>

You fucked up again.
Kurt Nicklas
2021-05-31 15:21:36 UTC
Post by Bill Flett
[...]
"You just conceded defeat again. I'll add it to the list. I've
instructed you
om [sic] that before."
---Bill Flett 5/28/21 Dwarfie turns Hindu!

"your fuckwitted phony patriotic believees[sic] should be
financially penalized."
---Rudy Canoza, " 2/27/21 Noun or verb, "Rudy". Which will it be??

Enjoy!
Bill Flett

Now answer the question, faggot: What is a "190 ride"?
Kurt Nicklas
2021-05-31 15:35:50 UTC
Post by Bill Flett
Post by Bill Flett
[...]
Ask these guys:

Bill Flett and Rudy Canoza - a friendship before Usenet
https://tinyurl.com/p5f7vwe8

<snickers>
Bill Flett
2021-05-31 15:46:56 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Bill Flett
Post by Bill Flett
[...]
Ask these guys
No, I'm asking you, because you're the stupid squat-to-piss faggot who wrote it.

What is a "190 ride"?
Kurt Nicklas
2021-06-02 06:23:36 UTC
Post by Bill Flett
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Bill Flett
Post by Bill Flett
[...]
Wow! Even these guys would think you are SERIOUSLY triggered there in
Sacramento!